Tony K. Peter, MD
Dr. Peter grew up in the Chicagoland suburbs and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. He went on to finish medical school at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. He completed a 5 year residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Loyola University Medical Center, training under some of the top leaders in the field. After training, he moved to Frisco, Texas with his wife, Gina, and their two children. He is excited to bring his skills to serve the Collin County community. He hopes to provide care to all his patients with the utmost dedication, patience, and compassion.
- Bachelor of Science, Molecular and Cellular Biology - University of Illinois
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D). Cum Laude - Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- General Surgery - Loyola University Medical Center - Maywood, IL
Residency in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery:
- Loyola University Medical Center - Maywood, IL
Recognitions / Awards:
- Second place award for Chicago Laryngological and Otological Society Lederer- Pierce Research Form, 2021
- First place award for 30th Annual Girgis-Matz Resident Research Competition, 2021
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Honor Medical Society Third-Year Inductee, 2016
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honors Society Inductee, 2015
- Anthony Barbato Scholarship Recipient Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, 2013
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign University Bronze Tablet Honors, 2013
- Valedictorian Downers Grove South High School Class of 2009
Medical Society Memberships:
- The American Rhinologic Society, Since 2020
- The American College of Surgeons, Since 2020
- The Chicago Medical Society, Since 2020
- The Chicago Laryngological and Otological Society, Since 2018
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Since 2018
- The American Medical Association, Since 2013
- Phi Delta Epsilon Professional Medical Society, 2009 - 2013
Publications & Research:
- Mosier MJ, Peter TK, Gamelli RL. Need for Mechanical Ventilation in Pediatric Scald Burns: Why it Happens and Why it Matters. J Burn Care Res. 2016;37(1):e1-6.
- Foecking E, Segismundo A, Lotesto K, Westfall E, Bolduan A, Peter T, Wallace D, Kozlowski DA, Stubbs E, Marzo S, Byram S. Testosterone Treatment Restores Vestibular Function by Enhancing Neuronal Survival in an Experimental Closed-Head Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Model. Behav Brain Res. 2022 Jul 6:113998. PMID: 35809692.
- Oncologic Margins for Cutaneous Malignancies of the Scalp, 2020
- Exercise, trying new restaurants, football, basketball, spending time with family
We find our patients’ experiences the most rewarding part of the job. Without them, we wouldn’t be one of the longest standing ENT practices in the area!
“We consulted Dr Tseng based on our pediatrician's recommendation. He's so great a doctor who took time to explain us everything and genuinely guided us in the right direction. He's such a caring, genuine and knowledgeable doctor. Oh how I wish there were more like him! ”Hetal U.
“I have used Collin Co. ENT and Dr. Kenny Carter for over 3 years, primarily for ear problems. The staff has been consistently helpful and friendly to me. When I have had problems needing immediate attention and explained the need, have been able to get an appointment within a reasonable time to address the problem. I recommend Dr. Carter and his staff.”Stan B.
“Dr. Matheny performed 2 surgeries on my wife, both were successful with great results. He is not only a great surgeon, but a great person. It was a pleasure working with him. One of the best doctors we have ever seen in our lives.”Mehrdad M.